05 January 2012

DOWNLOAD: Chernobyl Kids - To Spoil Go the Victors

Around 2000, Looks Like Rain from Baltimore began making regular stops in Morgantown and Huntington. We all quickly became friends with singer Mike Riley and the band. It was Mike who introduced me to this fellow Baltimore punk outfit Chernobyl Kids, with which Looks Like Rain did a split seven inch. Mike compared them to Dag Nasty and encouraged me to book them, but unfortunately I never got the chance to even see them live. He sold me this album in 2001 when it came out, and more than 10 years later, I still listen to it. It's lively punk hardcore that is melodic at times with thrashy guitars and rousing vocals, and brings to mind 7 Seconds, Circle Jerks or AFI. Chernobyl Kids recently created a Facebook page, which leads me to believe they're reunited. So get on this. (Note: cover art by me because my the CD case is at my parents' house in West Virginia.)

Artist: Chernobyl Kids
Album: To Spoil Go the Victors
Year: 2001
For fans of: Dag Nasty, 7 Seconds, AFI

No comments:

Post a Comment