01 August 2011

DOWNLOAD: Dirt Bear - We Love It



Dirt Bear remains one of my favorite ever bands from West Virginia. Despite the fact that I never got to see the raucous punk trio from Charleston play live, I wore out my cassette copy of their final album Bear It All, which I posted a while back.

I recently recent a great gift from Drummer Brian Pauley who sent me fairly clean, digital files of all the Dirt Bear demos. I can't explain how happy this makes me as I never owned these tapes, and now I can make them available on here over the next few days - starting with We Love It from 1994.

Those who are familiar with Dirt Bear will appreciate this as much as I do. Those who may not be, think instrumental abrasiveness of The Jesus Lizard with the pop sensibilities of The Flaming Lips meets the rebelliousness of Butthole Surfers. Throw in some comparisons to Dinosaur Jr., Meat Puppets or Sonic Youth for fun. It is just great '90s indie punk noise-rock. And I can't quit listening to it. Thanks again, Brian. And thanks to Nitro music scene archivist Brian Jarrett for the photo for the cover I made, as we don't have any art of the old demos.

Artist: Dirt Bear
Album: We Love It
Year: 1994
For fans of: The Jesus Lizard, The Flaming Lips, Butthole Surfers

DOWNLOAD: Dirt Bear - We Love It

No comments:

Post a Comment